Wiser Recycling provides storage, collection, reuse, recycling and disposal services for all types of waste, electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) in the North and East of England. This includes TV Screens, fridges, computers, fluorescent tubes.
Wiser is proud of its staff and the quality service they deliver to our customers. We see it as essential to provide a happy, enjoyable, and productive workplace. We employ a team with a wide range of skills and experience in a variety of operational and office-based roles. We seek to recruit colleagues with the aptitude, attitude and work ethic to meet our high-quality standards.
We are now recruiting a Transport Manager, based at our Thetford Site to support us in growing our business. This is a great opportunity to work within a company that is successful in its field. The role is full-time, working 45 hours per week. Please see download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the transport function of the Wiser Business.
- Managing the transport team of around 12 drivers and vehicles, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and FORS Membership.
- Organising transport logistics and weekly drivers rotas, with support from the administration team.
- Liaising with our customers effectively and keeping them happy.
The ideal Transport Manager:
- You have a minimum of three years of practical experience in a transport logistics role.
- You may be a holder of the CPC Transport Manager’s qualification, but if not, you are willing to gain your CPC qualification whilst working with us.
- You know about vehicle maintenance, Tachograph and driver hours laws and regulations.
- You might be looking for your next career step into a management role.
- You have a positive and organised approach.
- You can work flexibly and calmly with shifting priorities in a busy environment.
- You have great interpersonal skills and experience of working with customers and the confidence to manage colleagues.
- A competitive salary of between £30-£35k per annum depending on the experience you can offer, payable monthly.
- 28 days holidays per year including statutory holidays. Employees receive an extra day’s holiday after the completion of five and eight years.
- Membership of the NEST contributory pension scheme.
- Plus, free parking on site.
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter/email which includes answers to the following questions to email@example.com
- What attracted you to the advertisement?
- How do the skills, experience and knowledge on your CV match the competency requirements of the job description?
- What have you been most proud of in your life?
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?