To become the largest independent processor of waste electrical and electronic equipment in the East and North of England, known for providing a responsible and reliable service to our customers and producing the highest quality residual materials through innovative processing
- Environmental Improvement – We recognise the importance of maintaining and improving the environment for future generations. We will continue to seek ways of diverting WEEE and other recyclables from the general waste stream and recycle as much as possible in the highest quality manner as possible. We will align this with seeking to minimise transport and its impact – including the use of strategic sites and efficient vehicles. We will investigate ways moving downstream materials less distance from our sites in providing an end-use.
- Operating strategically located sites – We operate from strategically located sites that enhance our ability to serve our
core customer base and minimise the costs and environmental impacts of transportation of materials in and out of our facilities.
- Taking a novel approach to processing – We take a unique and innovative approach to processing using our knowledge and experience, creative thinking and partnerships to maximise the financial, environmental and social value of materials and components.
- Quality of materials – Our aim for clean, uncontaminated and high-quality end product materials and components will become an increasing advantage as secondary markets tighten.
- Prioritising compliance – We respect that our industry and operations are highly regulated in order to protect people and the environment. We take our responsibility in ensuring compliant transportation and operations very seriously and aim for best practice wherever possible.
- Looking after our customers – All our staff, whether transport, operations or office-based, work to provide a friendly, reliable service to our customers. As an SME, we are flexible in our service delivery to meet customers with differing requirements.
- Providing an enjoyable and productive workplace – In order to operate efficiently and provide the best service to our customers, we recognise that we need to look after our employees. We see it as essential to provide a happy, enjoyable and productive workplace that encourages creativity, openness, and continual improvement.
- Working in partnership with suppliers – We seek out and work closely with trusted suppliers in honest and mutually beneficial relationships which encourage the exchange of ideas and information to ensure more rapid progress to a successful implementation of projects.
Our Core Values detailed below are the guiding principles in how we want to operate our business and what we care about. We expect all our employees to understand and work consistently to these values so that we understand one another; we do the right things for the right reasons; we build strong working relationships; and the alignment of our values helps Wiser Recycling achieve its Vision. Employees will be asked to demonstrate values alignment during performance reviews and appraisals.
- Commitment – I am fully committed to the Vision, Mission, Culture and success of Wiser, its team, and its customers. I always promote the abilities of the Group positively.
- Ownership – I take personal responsibility for and ownership of my actions and I am accountable for my results. I display pride, competence and confidence in myself and my work. I avoid complaining and encourage my colleagues to do the same.
- Integrity – I act with integrity and honesty, make agreements that I intend to keep, and deliver what I promise. I communicate where I am not able to do this at the first opportunity, offering potential solutions.
- Success – I have a positive and constructive approach to work. I focus my thoughts, energy and attention on the successful outcome of whatever I am doing. I use my initiative and involve colleagues to share ideas and experiences. I understand that this sets our business apart from others.
- Relationships – I am a team player. I ask for help when I need it. I am supportive of and show appreciation to others. I enjoy building positive working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Communication – I am friendly and professional in my spoken and written communication, addressing people by their name. I am positive in my communication with and about my team members, my customers and Wiser in both public and private.
- Consistency – I am consistent in my actions, so my team-mates, customers and suppliers feel comfortable dealing with me. I understand the value of systems and use them to enable consistency and I am disciplined in my work, so my results, growth and success are consistent.
- Improvement – I learn quickly from my mistakes and do not repeat them. I look for alternative ways to succeed. I support colleagues and customers using my experience and knowledge, to improve the Wiser business and that of our customers and suppliers. I look for ways to do more with less and stay on a path of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Balance – I have a balanced approach to life, remembering that my social, physical, family and spiritual wellbeing is as important as my financial and intellectual wellbeing.
- Fun – I understand my influence in making work a fun and enjoyable place to be. I acknowledge that we spend a significant part of our life at work and strive to make it a positive and productive place.