SITE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Wiser Recycling provides storage, collection, reuse, recycling and disposal services for all types of waste, electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) in the North and East of England. This includes TV Screens, fridges, computers, fluorescent tubes.
Wiser is proud of its staff and the quality service they deliver to our customers. We see it as essential to provide a happy, enjoyable, and productive workplace. We employ a team with a wide range of skills and experience in a variety of operational and office-based roles. We seek to recruit colleagues with the aptitude, attitude and work ethic to meet our high-quality standards.
We are now recruiting a Site Operations Manager within Wiser Recycling, based at our Thetford Site to support us in growing our business. This is a great opportunity to work within a company that is successful in its field. The role is full-time, working 45 hours per week. Please see download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing our recycling site operations and processes effectively, efficiently, safely and profitably.
- Ensuring site equipment and machinery is installed, commissioned and maintained in compliance with various regulations.
- Keeping your team of around 20 team leaders, supervisors and recycling operatives safe and happy.
The ideal Site Operations Manager:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing or supervising in a waste or production/manufacturing environment.
- You have a positive and organised approach.
- You can work flexibly and calmly with shifting priorities in a busy environment.
- You’re motivated by understanding processes and your knowledge of machinery.
- You have great interpersonal skills, experience managing people and you want people to work safely and happily.
- You might be looking for your next career step into a senior management role.
- You might have an engineering and/or WAMITAB qualification.
- A competitive salary of between £30-£35k per annum depending on the experience you can offer, payable monthly.
- 28 days holidays per year including statutory holidays. Employees receive an extra day’s holiday after the completion of five and eight years.
- Membership of the NEST contributory pension scheme.
- Plus, free parking on site.
- What attracted you to the advertisement?
- How do the skills, experience and knowledge on your CV match the competency requirements of the job description?
- What have you been most proud of in your life?
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?