Wiser Recycling provides storage, collection, reuse, recycling and disposal services for all types of waste, electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) in the North and East of England. This includes TV Screens, fridges, computers, fluorescent tubes.
Wiser values its staff and the quality service they deliver to our customers. We see it as essential to provide a happy, enjoyable and productive workplace. We employ a team with a wide range of skills and experience in a variety of operational and office-based roles. We seek to recruit colleagues with the aptitude, attitude and work ethic to meet our high standards of quality.
We are currently recruiting recycling operatives to work at our recycling site in Thetford. This is a great opportunity to work within a company that is successful in its field. The role is full-time and working 45 hours per week with 6.00 am starts. Previous experience not essential as training will be given.
Please see download our job description for further details of the role and requirements. If you do not speak fluent English, please let us know, as we may be able to provide translation at the interview stage.
Responsibilities will include:
- Breaking down of Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) into component parts.
- Adherence to safe working practices and health and safety instructions.
- Listening to and following instructions from the Site Supervisor/Operations Director.
- Waste recycling.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Sorting out the recyclable items from the waste area.
- Job includes lifting and manual handling.
The ideal Recycling Operative:
- Physical fitness to lift heavy items.
- Ability to identify recyclable items and pay attention to detail.
- Although not essential a fork-lift truck licence would be an advantage.
- Starting Salary: £8.91 an hour.
- 28 days holidays per year including statutory holidays. Employees receive an extra day’s holiday after the completion of five and eight years.
- Membership of the NEST contributory pension scheme.
- Plus, free parking on site.
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter/email to Matt explaining why you are interested in the job – email@example.com